Monday, April 20, 2009

"I'm a black woman, I'm a Democrat, I attended a Tea Party and I was shocked . . .

Heard on Sean Hannity 20, April, 2008 from a woman who identified herself as Lorell:

"I'm a black woman, I'm a Democrat, I attended a Tea Party and I was shocked to learn that I am a redneck and a racist."

Lorell went on to say that she wasn't the only non-white at the demonstration, "It was the rainbow tribe with an attitude out there."

Her comments were in response to charges of racism against the tea partiers by actress/comedienne Janeane Garofalo. According to Garofalo:

". . . Let's, let's be very honest about what this is about. It's not about bashing Democrats, it's not about taxes, they have no idea what the Boston Tea Party was about, they don't know their history at all. This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up. That is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. And there is no way around that. And you know you can tell these type of right-wingers anything and they'll believe it except the truth . . ."

Kevin Jackson, of "The Black Sphere" said, "As a black man, I love it when ignorant white women like Janeane Garofalo speak for all blacks. It's thrilling to me that Janeane would take time out of her busy Hollyweird life to protect me and my peeps -- the downtrodden, the oppressed...the lowly Negro."

Read the rest of his comments on Garofalo at the following link:

http://theblacksphere.blogspot.com/2009/04/racist-garofalo-to-rescue.html

No comments:

Post a Comment